Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Saturday 30 August 2014

Whitehorse to Squamish

My week in Whitehorse was not what I expected. I was physically exhausted, emotionally delicate, the weather wasn't great, and for two days I was in bed with a tummy bug.

On my first day, Ramesh took me to Skagway, Alaska. It was sunny and hot, the drive was absolutely gorgeous and we had a great lunch and milkshake in the picture perfect town of Skagway. It was a fun outing and a lovely day!

Apart from that, the only activity of note was a hike I did by myself, which was scary because I was the only one on the mountain. Or maybe even the only one in the entire valley. And I saw some cougar poop. Eek! But the views and weather were great that day too.

The rest of the week was rainy and I didn't go out much but I enjoyed reading a lot of books before I was forced to make friends with the toilet for 24 hours on the last day.

Then I flew back into Vancouver, went to my storage locker to collect my mountaineering kit and caught a bus to Squamish where I arrived at 3pm totally worn out, having not eaten for a few days! However, I was rescued by Sally. A friend of a friend, Sally and husband Sam had agreed to put me up at their place in Squamish! So Sally met me off the bus, made me amazing vegetable soup and sent me to bed with a cup of tea after a lovely evening chat. And all was well with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment