Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Day 64: Beautiful valley

Last night I went to Tim Hortons to talk to Dave and felt suddenly unwell just before we were about to skype. My face was too hot, hands too cold and my stomach in some serious knots. Oh god, I think I have food poisoning. 

I went back to Caleb and Martha's house and straight to bed, awaiting the inevitable d&v session but I fell asleep and it never came. In the morning, I was almost back to normal! Strange.

Caleb prepared breakfast, then we had a short bible study before we ate it and I waved my goodbyes just after 10am.

It was an absolutely gorgeous ride along the valley, huge forest-cloaked mountains erupting all around. It was mostly flat except for a thankfully short but totally ridiculous 11% hill! I enjoyed riding today and stopped for local raspberries and hazelnuts on the way.

I got into Mission around 5pm and went to the leisure centre for a shower before hanging out at a cafe until my warmshowers host Dan was free. We chatted and had a beer and his housemate Greg joined us and his brother for a bit and we talked about explorers and environmentalists and global issues, which are some of my favourite topics, so I didn't go to bed until midnight, and Dan wished me a happy birthday. 26... I wonder what you will bring!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! Shame annaanddavedoadventure.blogspot.com is already taken, we'll have to come up with something catchier.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you ate the Bible! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I can't afford an editor! Help me out with version 2? xxx

      Delete
  3. I've read your whole blog this evening. I cycled across Canada (from west to east, still not easy!) in 2000 and loved your English perspective on my country (even something as simple as how you described "ditches", that uncultivated stretch between the road and the fields or forests). Happy Birthday, and I wish you many more awesome adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace - can't believe you just read the whole thing! Haha I'm sure it's not easy going the other way really (but maybe a teensy bit easier? hehe). There certainly were quite a few times I was very glad to be going west. I can't imagine doing the Hope-Princeton pass on day three of the tour, for example!!
      I feel a little bit sad that the roadside ditches were my favourite bit of the prairies that I saw from the highway. But they were filled with lovely flowers :)

      Delete