Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Monday 28 April 2014

Cringe

After some dry theory on the first aid course in the morning, we started getting into some practical patient assessments to check for injuries. A demo of the Head to Toe Exam was underway, with me as the volunteer patient, 6 other students observing, and the fit young course leader Andrew as the examiner. Andrew pressed on my head and face to feel for breaks, then my neck and shoulders ribs, abdomen, hips, arms and legs. And just when I thought it was all over, I heard "and don't forget to check up the pant legs for blood from a traumatic wound" as my trouser leg was hitched up to reveal the horror of my unshaven travellers' legs to the group. If the ground would swallow me up now, that would be great. 

And if only it had ended there! Andrew then removed my shoes and socks and fondled my sweaty feet to check my circulation. Oh lord have mercy! Have you ever had a stranger try to put your sweaty socks back on your feet whilst you play dead? I wouldn't recommend it as an experience. 

The rest of the day was good, but I might be a day getting over it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, classic! Very much enjoying these posts, this one in particular. Love you sis xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, had quite a giggle at this post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete