Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Monday 14 April 2014

Off travelling

Today I leave the farm!  

After two weeks of wwoofing, I have learned loads about farming, done interesting work, been exceptionally well fed, had a good time with the family and enjoyed the company of the other wwoofers.

There is so much more I could learn here, but I'm looking forward to spending the next two weeks travelling, seeing some of eastern Canada.

I'm a bit nervous about leaving the security of the farm - I haven't had to find accommodation, do any navigation, shop or cook. I haven't even withdrawn any Canadian dollars yet!

There are a few hurdles to jump before I can feel relaxed. I need to hire a car and get money and supplies. If that all goes well, only so much can go wrong. The tourist information centres here don't open until May or June though, so I'm not entirety sure how to go about getting maps, information and camping permits, but I'm going to head to the national park and hope for the best. 

I am sure that it won't seem so scary once I get going... next stop Truro!

3 comments:

  1. It is with a sadness we see you leave today Anna, you were a absolute delight to have around, a very positive attitude, a willingness to tackle any job, and I enjoyed our many tea time conversations. I hope your Mum reads this comment and is very proud of you, she did a great job raising you! All the best in you further adventures across Canada and throughout life and there will always be a place here for you if you lose your way and need a safe haven. All the best. And by the way, this is an awesome blog, except the part about the White Rocks laying blue eggs :) the Ameracaunas lay the blue eggs, you need to come back and learn more.
    Sincerely,
    Your friend and very fortunate Wwoof Host Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm reading every blog and comment ... I'm almost on the bike with her! And yes, as David (Dad) always says, "We have 2 beautiful daughters and we are very proud of both of them"! Love as always, Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Frank, I really enjoyed it and felt that I learned a lot! I look forward to growing my own food some day :)

    ReplyDelete