Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Friday 4 April 2014

Slicing bacon

Those pigs make delicious bacon that gets sold in the farm shop.

About 4 pigs are taken to the local butcher to be each month to be slaughtered and butchered. Then the meat is brouht back to the farm. The bacons are hung, smoked, sliced and packaged at the farm, so total food miles by the time the bacon goes on the shelf are only about 20.

Here are Lisa and Frank slicing and packaging bacon. When they were done, we got leftover bacon for lunch - yum!


4 comments:

  1. I hope you've saved room in your suitcase to bring plenty back :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of buying a pack to fry up when I'm off on my travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anna, looks like your getting properly involved. Good on ya. When do you get rolling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start the ride on 2nd or 3rd May. Hopefully the snow will be gone by then!

    ReplyDelete