Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Thursday 3 April 2014

Piglets

I mucked out the pigs this morning. A few of them are a bit intimidating to be in with - they squeal and nudge and nibble your boots. One of them was trying to use the shovel as a scratching post, which made shovelling pretty tricky!  I gave her a scratch on the back and the feeling that she was pure solid muscle freaked me out for a second - I know who would have won if she'd picked a fight! But she just grunted appreciation and I went back to shovelling. 

This pig had 13 piglets 4 days ago and she still has 10 left, which is pretty good so far.  Sometimes mummy pigs squash their piglets to death by mistake, which is sad to see and bad for business. Let's hope these little guys grow up to be big and strong - and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment