Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Saturday 28 June 2014

Day 42: Rainy prairies

I packed up then headed to the town hall for the community pancake breakfast before I hit the road. It was overcast, misty and humid with not a hint of a breeze. My pace was good and as the breeze came this afternoon, it helped me along and I did 20-30kmh all day.

It started raining around lunchtime and in the absence of traffic to worry about, I put my music on and pedalled along, singing at the top of my lungs, enjoying myslef in the downpour. A couple in a pickup pulled over and offered me a lift but I was having fun so I declined but thanked them for the offer. There have been days when I would have had my bike in the back faster than he could say 'do you want a ride?'.

So I was in Brandon not long after lunch, having clocked 95km. I wanted to go a bit further but desperately needed to do laundry and didn't want to risk another unserviced village campsite and yet another day of picking the least gross t-shirt out of my laundry bag, so I checked into a cheap motel and sorted my stuff out. The only problem now is that I can't go for dinner because my clothes are all wet except my pyjamas.

The forecast for the next few days is rain with a 40kmh headwind. Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment