Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Friday 20 June 2014

Preparation

Today I have been packing and sleeping and preparing for tomorrow, because tomorrow we're heading out into a remote area for 4 days so that I can do my solo survival. We're driving as far as we can then canoeing and walking until we get to the lake that Dave has picked out.

We spend a day together practicing final skills like fishing before I'm left on my own and Dave heads a few hundred meters away along the lakeshore. Then I have to keep a fire going, find and purify water, make a shelter, build a smoke generator and look for food. I'm only allowed to take 1200 calories of emergency rations for the whole time, so I hope I catch something! 

Obviously there won't be any wifi, so I will update you when I get back. Here goes...!

No comments:

Post a Comment