Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Saturday 14 June 2014

Survival: Theory

Today was the first day of my wilderness survival course and it was the theory section. We talked about equipment and what you need to do to call for help and stay safe and comfortable whilst you're awaiting rescue.

Dave MacDonald is teaching me at his house. He's served in the Canadian military and worked for search and rescue before teaching survival school. He lives in the countryside 20km from the town with his wife Jo and their two boys as well as three dogs and a few cats. The boreal forest is right on their doorstep and we're going navigating in it tomorrow. Woohoo! I've been getting cabin fever spending all day indoors.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you'll be in your element. I'm still here waiting to Skype, just let me know when. Mum and I are seeing Dave (as in your Dave) and Norm and Teta tomorrow, wishing you were joining us but also wishing I could be surviving with you in Canada!

    ReplyDelete