Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Day 11: Wonderful, glorious

Today was awesome!

I slept well last night and set off with fresh legs and content derrière on a tarmac cycle trail in the sunshine with the wind at my back. What a day! It's so warm and I've had a tailwind all day.

The cycle trail went through fields, bogs, woodland and towns,  sometimes tarmac, sometimes hard packed trail, always beautiful and easy to ride.

I did 50km without really noticing and stopped for a long lunch in the hot sun and chatted with passing cyclists. I even saw a chipmunk!

The birds are singing and the brooks are babbling. And today there are buds on the trees - lovely little parcels of red, orange and green, full of the promise of summer. What a beautiful day! 

I'm getting better at one-handed on-the-bike operations like putting on sun glasses, drinking water, scratching an itchy leg, etc. Today I did a successful on-the-go application of sun cream without so much as a wobble. Ah, small things.

Tonight I'm staying with warmshowers hosts Marie-Lyne and Louis and their baby girl Flavie in the small town of Plessisville. I had a lovely warm welcome to their gorgeous house, I have a beer in my hand and dinner is in the oven :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Anna, sounds like you're having a great time. Really enjoying reading your blog. Hope your legs aren't as tired now, and your sores are disappearing! Stay safe and enjoy! Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect - long may it continue. Ann

    ReplyDelete