Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Day 24: And then there were five

I had breakfast with Alan, a welder who'd just come off the night shift. I was in the breakfast diner for about an hour, it took me so long to get through all my food! So we had a nice chat about the area and its wildlife and I set off later than usual at 9.30.

I had 30 glorious kilometres of back roads before I had to take the highway. Then there was a mix of headwinds and tailwinds for a while.

Around lunchtime, I pulled over for a break at a picnic spot and bumped into two other touring cyclists - going the same way as me! Valerie and Alexys are a French couple riding tricycles with trailers, and one trailer has their huge dog Boyd in the back!

We rode together to a warmshowers destination they had organised for the night in Blind River. We pitched our tents in the huge garden with two other cyclists (also going west), Colin and Michelle. Our hosts Muriel and Wayne have a great place - the garden backs onto the river and there was a feast of spaghetti meatballs for 10!

So tomorrow we ride as a group of five to our next warmshowers destination, only 55km west. It should be a fun, chilled out day after today's 100km.

Valerie and Alexys have a website too. Google translate if you don't speak French: http://www.tricycletour.com/

2 comments:

  1. How great is that! Think we need a photo of the dog please. Enjoy the company and easier day ... Friends in the making. Lots of Love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going, Anna! Yes, please, want to see the pooch :-)

    ReplyDelete