Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Friday 30 May 2014

Day off

After breakfast with Linda and Eric, I got a tour of their basement. Eric is a cyclist and ironman triathlete who competes all over the world (in addition to his full time job)! He made to Kona twice! So his bikes were amazing and I had a good oggle.

Jennifer gave me a lift back to the bike shop and I set up my tent before heading into town. I visited the locks, the art gallery and lounged around in the shade of the trees in the park for a nap in the afternoon. 

On my way back, I stopped at the bushplane museum, which was pretty cool. The fire alarm went off and the fire truck came zooming into the driveway! The firemen checked all was clear before we were allowed back in. Then I watched a film about tackling wildfires with bushplanes.

This evening I'm reunited with the gang at Velorution before heading into the mountains and remote highway tomorrow. We have carbonara, beer and a campfire :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! We met yesterday at the Sault Canal. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your day off. Best of luck on the rest of your journey, I'll be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike! I had a lovely day off thanks :)
    Pleasure to have met you and glad you're reading the blog. I hope you can live your travelling dreams after your studies too!

    ReplyDelete