Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Sunday 11 May 2014

Day 10: Quebec City

Back on the road, back into the headwind, through pretty villages along the river, still with the geese flying overhead.

It was a lovely ride and I enjoyed the day (with the exception of a very long slow hill into the wind). I stopped at cafes and patisseries along the way as I only had 60km to cover today. There were loads of other cyclists out and about and they all gave me nods and waves. Two blokes on a tandem cheered me up with their big smiles, friendly waves and big curly hair blowing in the wind.

Once I was near Quebec, I got a ferry across the river and started chatting to Andre, a local cyclist. He admired my bike, "shimano xt's, nice!" (I hear that more than you might expect) and we talked about touring. Andre did trans-Canada in the correct direction (west to east) in the 90s and has also done Alaska to Quebec! He offered to show me to the hostel, so we rode up the crazy steep hills of the beautiful city together and he pointed out important buildings along the way.

I feel so good to have made it here and earned my first day off! Next stop, hostel pub crawl! I feel like I might be starting to get a bit old for hostel pub crawls, but what the hell.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee. Klaxons and fireworks in celebration of your arrival in Quebec! Have a very well deserved day off Darling from mum and dad xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Anna :-). Enjoy your rest xxx

    ReplyDelete