Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Day 25: Cruising

We had a lazy morning and set off around 10.30 as it was only 52km to our next warmshowers destination in Thessalon.

We rode the highway for a bit then came off onto a gravel road and bumped our way through some amish communities. The girls were in their long dresses, the men wearing straw hats, out ploughing the fields with horses.

Another short section of highway and we made it to Tome's house! We pitched our tents on the lawn, the chickens clucking around and cats hankering after some hugs. After a tasty pasta dinner, we gathered in the evening sun and heard Michelle play guitar whilst snacking on marshmallows. 

Now we're enjoying a full screen session of Crossroads before bedtime. Apparently another cyclist is yet to turn up, although it's nearly dark...

It's been nice having people to ride with. I was behind the tricycles yesterday afternoon and this morning - so good to have that headwind buffered! And when we're off the highway, we can chat on the bikes. And I don't have to go to diners to find company, we just eat at roadside stops.

Having said that... and I hate to say it because they're all good company... I miss being the master of my own destiny, travelling at my own pace, talking to 10 different people every day... So whilst the others are taking two days over the 90km to Sault Ste Marie, I will do it all tomorrow. I'm itching to make progress, and I will see them when they get there. Can't wait for my day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment