Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Friday 9 May 2014

Day 8: Woohoo! Back in the game!

Today was brilliant! Possibly one of the best riding days I've ever done! I set off along the road (the wonderfully flat-surfaced, snow-free road with a cycle path at the edge) and pedalled my way along the st lawrence strait. There were even other cyclists around! And I actually chatted to one - in English! 

Mostly the route went through farmland and was flat enough to see the next village 10km away. On one side of the valley, forested hills with huge rocks jutting out of them. On the other side, the calm strait with blue mountains behind. Sometimes the cycle path hugged the water and was gently undulating, a perfectly smooth surface with awesome views and the occasional steep hill that would have me panting, struggling in my lowest gear. I didn't walk up any though :)

There was very little traffic, it was a lovely sunny day and after 65km, I found myself a nice campsite! So there we have it. Rain forecast for tonight and looks like it will come, but hey ho, it can't be sunny all the time!

2 comments:

  1. That road looks just wonderful to cycle on and Mum says the tent looks very cosy. I imagine when you are grinding up a hill in first gear you might wish you'd bought the flimsy 1kg tent, but when you settle down for the night you're glad you got the Hilleberg!

    What is the facial expression of the average Quebec day-cyclist when you say you are on your way to Vancouver!? Lots of love, M&D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're very french about it, I usually get pursed lips and a shrug.

    and yes, the tent is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete