Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Saturday 17 May 2014

Day 15: Montreal

The wind changed direction in the night so I'm very glad I did a long ride yesterday. 

I had a bunch of chores to do this morning but it's Saturday and most of what I needed was closed so I will save chores for Ottawa.

The past few days, I have been getting tingling in my ring fingers and they are now totally numb. I found out that is called cyclist palsy and is a result of having bent wrists and pressure on the hands for 8 hours a day. I went to a really cool bike shop in Montreal called Mechanocycle and Steve fixed me up with some new handlebar grips and sorted a few niggling issues like a rubbing front brake pad.

Riding in cities is not fun. Constant navigation is required, not to mention all those traffic lights! I spent ages navigating the small streets and huge hills in town but I did get to stop for lunch and people-watching in the Philippino quarter. Then two hours of riding through suburbia and I was back on the cycle trail and made it to my campsite. 

Short day today, back on it properly tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment