Overlooking Osoyoos

Overlooking Osoyoos
Overlooking Osoyoos

Monday 5 May 2014

Day 3: short and sweet

I woke up Sunday morning feeling tired and sore, pulled back the curtains to find it was raining and decided to take my time getting ready. I only had 30km to go, which was just as well.

Feeling less than enthusiastic about putting my bum back on the saddle, I geared up and headed out, straight up a hill in the grey drizzle. To be fair, the breeze was with me, so it could have been worse. And my sore muscles were taking my mind off my achy arse.

I actually made good progress im spite of all that! Possibly because I knew it would be over soon for the day.

I got to Adam's house (my next couch surfing destination) around 1pm, showered and we headed out for late breakfast before chatting, watching movies, having home made curry and drinking Canadian craft beers. So mostly it was a pretty sweet, chilled out day. Who said cycling across Canada would be hard? Should probably have gone to bed earlier though, I've got a big day ahead of me now and I feel a little hung over.

No comments:

Post a Comment